Thursday, February 9, 2017

January Updates by RC Menaka

Hello,
My  name is RC Menaka and in this month's blog I will be introducing myself, filling you guys in on some of the wing activities we've had, and other updates for the month:

As I mentioned above my name is Menaka. I just started at IMSA in January. I graduated from Penn State with a BA in Human Resources in August.  At Penn State I was a Resident Assistant and involved in comedy and theatre. Prior to working at IMSA I also had a job at Walgreens Corporate in Human Resources and Talent Acquisition. I have always had a passion for higher education and am hoping to bring my background in theatre and business to help students with community, building an inclusive living space, and creativity. Feel free to email me at: mdeolekar@imsa.edu or call me during business hours at (630)-907-5119

This month we had four major events:
MISSION IMPROVABLE: Traveling improv troupe, Mission Improvable, took a stop at IMSA. As I have a background in improv, this event was the perfect community builder with plenty of opportunities for audience participation and artistic student reach.

POSITIVE CARDS: As January is my birthday month we spent an evening eating cake and making cards of positivity for a hospital in Maryland. This event was meant to build wing community and help the community outside of IMSA.

JEOPARDY: We played a game of jeopardy involving some elective options that the students here at IMSA have. The underclassman were able to hear first hand from upperclassman about their experience with classes, homework, and curriculum content through a fun game.

BATAVIA HIGH SCHOOL FASHION SHOW: One of our students, Kristin, took part in the Batavia High School Fashion show as a model. Various students went to support and cheer her on in as she sported the designs at the show.


Other news:
Extended closing will be coming up from February 16 to February 20th. Please make accommodations accordingly!

Hope everyone has a great February and please feel free to reach out with any questions comments or concerns. Looking forward to the year ahead!

Sincerely,
RC Menaka

























No comments:

Post a Comment